CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 11, 2009

Wedding Season

I flew back home for 5 weeks from August 6th - September 9th. My eldest Sister Susan was marrying a friend of mine jonny. So they managed to drag me all the way across the world for the wedding ah to be honest i was looking for a way to get home and couldn't justify spending all that money for a visit but for a wedding I most defiantly can.
The First two weeks of my trip home involved seeing as many people as i can and trying to tell them as much as i could while trying to listen to all the cool things which happened in Ireland at the same time. Throw in a stag party in there for good luck aswell.
Arriving home was some of the best hours of my life. As i walked off the plane I collected my baggage and went to the toilets sat down and then offered up these next 5 weeks to God and thanked him for the amazing blessing and opportunity it was to be able to fly from New Zealand all the way to Europe for this wedding to see all my friends & family which id been away from for 14 months. I think my heart was beating at double the rate for at least 5 days and i was on 4 hours sleep and one meal a day for 5 days. My whole body was racing with excitement and unbelievable joy because i was home being reunited at see everyone again. Even people from around the world happened to be passing through Ireland during the same month so it was like all the people in the world that i care about happened to be in the same place. So cool.
The wedding itself has to be one of the most memorable days of my life and possibly the most fun. So much happening and so many people that I knew in one place and I wasn't the one getting tied down so it was perfect. But yeah what a day and Suz sorry to see ya go but ya did the family proud ill take it from here on in.
Then we had two weeks to work with and with some friends from New Zealand coming over to visit Ireland / me. We had 3 kiwi's, a Scotsman and a yank come over to say hello. trying to fit in as much as possible showing them my home town, family & friends. Then on my last week we went for an adventure out to the wild west.Team Peter consisted of Peter, Jonny, Steph, Hazers & Mackenzie. We started off the trip with a 10 hour road trip for only 250miles or something so lets say it wasn't the most direct route and well we ended up in long ford who the hell goes to long ford well Team Peter does anyway. Doolan, Father ted craggy island aka the Aaron islands, Lehinch were are hotel location. Well were we pitched our tent anyway. One of the most important reasons of this trip apart from, the whole showing the tourists the sights, But going to some of the most important historical sights in Ireland of where Christianity made its stand and began the fire in the country. Slane Castle & Clonmacnois were top of the list and they didnt let me down atol. Maybe its just me but they were two of the most beautiful places ive ever been and knowing whats happened on those pieces of land hundreds of years ago and how significant they are unbelievable. Then also we had the cliffs of mohar mohar mohar which were just savage knowing that my country kicks ass was a great picture to leave me with as i set off on my next adventure and also possibly one of the most enjoyable trips ive ever had which such a great group of people we had so many laughs and a great time hanging out and getting to know eachother. So yeah another thing If Peter was an animal what animal would you think he would be? I know its obvoius im definatly a dolphin.
Time to say goodbye to the family and friends untill next time anyway i dont think ill be able to come back for every wedding which is gonna be very tough in the future but i thank God i got to come back for this one and that it was possible. But ya never know i could be settling down soon in the emerald soon so who knows?

0 comments: