CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 22, 2010

年代初

As one decade begins another has to end, I'm not fitted into a milestone age of 18,21 or 30 or something like that. I defiantly find myself at a transition with the ending of my teenage years branching into my early twenties.
But another transition I find myself is from 2 years of living out of a backpack moving every month, bed to bed, floor to couch town to city, beach to bush, continent to continent. 2 years of lots of lessons and learning curves and plenty of growing up id like to think and in a way manning up. But now at the beginning of this decade I find myself moving to Hong Kong, China to live and work for the foreseeable future. So life in Asia living in one of the most densely populated and fastest cities in the world.

I'm gonna be working for an organization called ICM. They are a group of people who live here in Hong Kong who have joined together to try and stop poverty in one of its neighbouring countries The Philippines. My Job here will the Travel coordinator. I'll be leading and organizing all of the trips that they run into the country. Churches, Banks, Schools, Random groups of people, and individuals all go on trips throughout the year and it'll be my Job to facilitate there trips. Its like my Ideal Job so I'm very excited to be here starting of this adventure.
I love it here, walking down the streets, through the skyscrapers, into the malls, up the mountains, into the jungle, down to the beach and just the pace of this place. Yesterday I got a bus into the city and then I was walking through a high rise walkway when it dawned on me this is now my home for the next while this is my city (as well as the Philippines)
There's so much I'm gonna have to get used to and to start embracing like yesterday I walked past a cue of 20-30 ladies and I can honestly say they were 100% identical in appearance I couldn't see a single difference in any of them. Or things like picking food from a menu which is just covered with lines and dashes in hundreds of different directions with numbers beside them. But Ive got my Cantonese phrase book and so far Faai-ji = Chopstickes & Gai = Chicken
Apartment scouting is top of the priorities right now trying to figure out what would be the best way to experience life in Hong Kong. Where should I set up camp what side of the city and how far up into the sky should I aim?? +852 98550373 is the new number aswell.

1 comments:

Hazel said...

Flip, me and my Mum laughed out loud at this. 100% identical? Comedy. You really do need to make friends with mr comma but I was pretty impressed with that post. Go Petey. She said that? She's a rascal. SO excited bout your new life there. All kinds of ACEness. big love